A Coach is a person who ignites the fire and passion of others to work together as a team focused on bringing a central idea to life, or supporting a product or service to shine. Coaches are:
- Understands people deeply
- Is tuned in to people’s emotions
- Helps people to overcome challenges
- Mobilises a team to fulfil a vision
- Drives sales, networking and client engagement
- Inspires others to develop
They excel at understanding and being tuned in to people, tuning into their emotions as individuals and collectively as a group. They get what their team really need in order to overcome challenges.
How To Spot a Coach?
- On the phone, one call after the other
- Out for coffee dates and lunch with friends, associates and clients
- At an open plan desk amongst the team and not in the corner office
Coaches are often found rallying teams and developing talent, and can also be found in roles focused on leadership, networking, customer acquisition or recruitment.
Do you need someone with this energy in your team?
How To Get the most out of a Coach?
- Match their energy (if you can)
- Stroke their ego
- Open up their achievements
- Ask their opinions
- Give them the freedom to shine a light on your business
- Press them on how they will rally others to the “cause”
- Show them how visible and important they will be in the role
- Criticise their achievements
- Highlight their failures without some care
- Stifle their creative streak and match it with data analysis
- Try to cage them
- Let them think their reputation may get damaged or make them look bad
❓ On their process for completing tasks
❓ On their measurement of detail
❓ On how they keep people engaged who don’t agree with them
❓ On how they stay focused
How many people will you recruit or replace in the next 12 months?
Ready to find out more?
Call us and BOOK a 30-minute strategy call.