A Catalyst is someone who naturally brings change to a team. Catalysts are:
They excel at getting something going with energy and can start a project or take an existing project to the next level. They see the vision for the future and are naturally innovative problem solvers.
How to spot a CATALYST?
- A pile of books next to their bed, all started, and none finished
- Energised and physically active
- Animated speaker
- Restless and often in a hurry
- Can appear distant and in their own world
Catalysts are often found in multiple product or service development, where they bring their new ideas to life and explore innovative concepts at a pace difficult for others to keep up with.
Do you need someone with this energy in your team to get a new project started or take something to the next level?
How to get the most out of a CATALYST?
- Outline a challenge and ask them for solutions
- Discuss your future plans and be direct
- Give them space to lead parts of the conversation
- Ask how they inspire others
- Show them how their creative talent will be used
- Shut them down by asking “how” questions
- Stifle their creative streak
- Drag your feet on follow up if you like them
- Forget they are usually ahead of the market
- Let your own profile take over
On how hard they push people
On non-completion of tasks
On how they remain focused
How many people will you recruit or replace in the next 12 months?
Ready to find out more?
Call us and BOOK a 30-minute strategy call.