A Champion is a person who shakes up the status quo and stirs up people to pay attention to what they say. Champions are:
- Motivated to be the subject authority
- Bold and demanding
- Drawn to visionary causes and ideas
They shine a light on the cause and invite others to join them. They are vibrant and exciting and the call they make is hard to resist. They excel at taking a proven idea and broadcasting its value to a wide audience, garnering support and enthusiasm.
How to spot a CHAMPION?
- In front of a crowd or on the stage
- In the media
- At the centre of the group at a party
- At the flipchart enthusiastically drawing out their ideas for others
- Immaculately dressed or uniquely styled
- Can be heard entering the room before being seen
- Can also be quieter yet burns with passionate zeal
Champions are often found in brand ambassador, sales and marketing roles, where they naturally sell a product, concept or brand through their inner conviction that it has value.
Do you need someone with this energy in your team to champion your cause?
How to get the most out of a CHAMPION?
- Match their energy (if you can)
- Stroke their ego
- Open up their achievements
- Ask their opinions
- Show them how visible and important they will be in the role
- Give them the freedom to shine a light on your business
- Press them on how they will rally others to the “cause”
- Criticise their achievements
- Highlight their failures without some care
- Stifle their creative streak and match it with data analysis
- Try to cage them
- Let them think their reputation may get damaged or make them look bad
On their process of completing tasks
On their measurement of detail
On how they keep people engaged who don’t agree with them
On how they stay focused
How many people will you recruit or replace in the next 12 months?
Ready to find out more?
Call us and BOOK a 30-minute strategy call.