A successful business succeeds with emotionally intelligent leaders who understand how to balance their teams’ energies with their own. They engage consciously with different energies to maximise the contributions from each profile within the team. even from those who are directly opposite to their own natural energy.
Calibrator / Catalyst / Champion
As leaders, these profiles drive a team with a high-energy and action orientation style focused on getting results and hitting targets.
- Their leadership style is visionary, unconventional, driven, demanding and commanding yet inclusive with people who see their vision, buy into it and want to help make it a reality.
- They can drive a team too hard and too fast which can overwhelm high Sustaining energy profiles who find their style exhausting and too fast-paced leaving them insufficient time to complete tasks or projects to their exacting standards.
- They are visionary and their ability to see, a bigger and better opportunity in the market will often be ahead of the curve. leading to frustration with current unfinished projects or tasks.
- They can have a tendency to be quick to hire and quick to fire people who they perceive to be no longer delivering results or getting up to speed fast enough based on their high expectations.
- It's key for a high Activating leader to make sure they see and value the contribution and balance that Sustaining and Refining profiles can bring to the team and the business performance overall and into the future.
Champion / Coach / Connectors
As leaders, these profiles get results by building relationships and motivating their teams through passion, commitment and loyalty.
- Inspiring energy leaders are often loved by their team as they play the roles of motivator, coach and cheerleader. They are often followed from company to company by their loyal supporters and fans.
- The Inspiring leader who really understands their own energy is able to give team members direct feedback and still hold that person's loyalty and respect. They understand who on the team has the right profile, skills and experience to deliver the required contribution to maximise returns.
- They inspire others to work together for the greater good while having fun along the way, coaching them to evolve and grow as individuals and as a group.
- They build close relationships with the people they work with. but can have a problem saying ''no'' and g1etting1 focused. For this reason, it's good for Inspiring leaders to have some Refining, energy team members to focus on the data, details and Sustaining energy to keep them on track with the plan and targets.
Connectors / Custodian / Cultivator
As leaders, these profiles drive a team through both nurturing and completing projects and tasks while building sustainable relationships that grow trust.
- When leading, this energy can feel conflicted by having to balance the people and practical perspectives of a project o deliver a profit for the company.
- They inspire others to plan accurately and to be diligent, and they instil confidence in their team through their calm nature, practical approach and empathetic people skills.
- They will seldom entertain drama or rash action preferring to approach any challenge by solving it one step at a time. This works well as their energy is the most grounded of the natural energies and they frequently sense a problem or opportunity long1 before other leadership styles pick up on it.
- They have the ability to focus on the ‘where and when’ ensuring the right interactions are happening at the right time. They can risk being overly cautious and resistant to change or innovation.
- It's important for them to have profiles with plenty of Activating1 energy around to spot new opportunities or ideas they could miss out on. They may also sometimes over-rely on what they 'feel' is going on and not look for supporting and solid research or data-driven analysis from which to m1ake better decisions.
Cultivator / Conductor / Calibrator
As leaders, strong Refining Profiles (Cultivator/Conductor/Calibrator) often drive a team in a factual, logic-based way measuring and monitoring performance at every step.
- Their leadership style is viewed as detailed and decisive, sometimes very challenging, along with being commanding and deliberate. They do everything with a very clear intention and attention to detail.
- This brings the team certainty, focus and a clear view of how they are performing and how they need to improve to get the returns Refiners are always looking for.
- They can become micro-managers with too much focus on just the data and not enough human connection and collaboration as these leaders like to work alone., away from the noise and distractions.
- They get jobs done and bring industrious energy to their team through their focus on answering 'how' problems should be solved or obstacles tackled.
- In their quest for operational excellence and 'zero defects,' they may appear cold, cynical and insensitive and are not the best at boosting morale as they can see the engagement and appreciation 'stuff' as a waste of time.
- This is why it’s key they have profiles that have the Inspiring energy around to make that contribution to the team. while harnessing Activating energy ensures they don't lose sight of the big picture and vision.
Ready to find out more?
Call us and BOOK a 30-minute strategy call.